The Commissioner of Police, Katsina State, CP Sanusi Buba, in a Press Conference held on Monday 15th June, 2020 at the Command Headquarters, Katsina, which goes:
“Good afternoon Gentlemen of the Press. It is my pleasure to welcome you to Command Headquarters, Katsina to abreast you on the recent achievements made by the Command on the ongoing onslaught against banditry, armed robbery, cattle rustling, kidnapping and other forms of crime and criminality in the state.
During the period under review the Command has carried out various sting operations in several locations within the frontline local government areas, busted and arrested many suspected bandits terrorizing Katsina state.
Recently the Command have arrested over fifty suspected bandits/kidnappers/armed robbers/cattle rustlers and recovered ten (10) AK 47 rifles, five (5) pistols, twenty-five (25) locally made guns, five (5) motor vehicles, twenty (20) motor cycles in the ongoing war against all forms of crime and criminality in the state.
- ARREST/BUSTING OF NOTORIOUS SYNDICATE OF BANDITS/KIDNAPPERS/CATTLE RUSTLERS/ARMED ROBBERS THAT ATTACKED KADISAU VILLAGE OF FASKARI LGA OF KATSINA STATE AND KILLED TWENTY PERSONS:
On 12/06/2020 based on credible intelligence, the Command succeeded in busting a notorious syndicate of bandits that attacked Kadisau village, Faskari LGA of Katsina state.
It will be recall that on 09/06/2020 at about 18:40hrs, Group of bandits numbering over two hundred, on motorbikes, armed with sophisticated weapons, led by a notorious bandit, one Adamu Aliero Yankuzo, in collaboration with other gang leaders carried out an organized attack at Kadisau village in which twenty (20) persons were killed while many others were injured.
The Command carried out various sting operations at various flash points in the fringes of Rugu forest and succeeded in arresting the following notorious bandits who participated in the attack of Kadisau village of Faskari LGA of Katsina state.
Bello Usman, alias “BAWA”, ‘m’, aged 25yrs of Turare village, Dutsinma LGA of Katsina state.
Usman Sule, ‘m’, aged 23yrs of Unguwar Mai-Sabo, Faskari LGA of Katsina state (on admission) Surajo Yusuf, ‘m’, aged 20yrs of Madachi village, Sabuwa LGA of Katsina state (now late)
In the course of investigation one of the suspect Bello Usman alias ‘Bawa’ confessed to have participated in the attacks and killings at Kadisau village of Faskari and others at Musawa, Matazu, Karaduwa and Yantumaki.
Suspect also stated that the attack was masterminded by a notorious gang leader of bandits, one Adamu Aliero Yankuzo in protest of the arrest of his son by the police, one Sulaiman Adamu Aleiru, ‘m’, aged 24yrs of Yankuzo village, Tsafe LGA of Zamfara state since on 28/04/2020.
Furthermore, suspects confessed to have killed several innocent villagers, rustled over hundred cows, and kidnapped four women during the attack.
Consequently, the Command hereby wish to declare “ADAMU ALIERO YANKUZO”, ‘m’, aged 45yrs of Yankuzo village, of Tsafe LGA of Zamfara state, a notorious leader of groups of bandits terrorizing Katsina and Zamfara states wanted and has placed a bounty of five million naira (5,000,000:00K) on his head – dead or alive.
Any person or group persons that have useful information that may lead to his arrest to please report to the nearest police station or call this number 08033666059 or 08035448128 or 08076666207.
ARREST/BUSTING OF NOTORIOUS SYNDICATES OF BANDITS/ KIDNAPPERS/CATTLE RUSTLERS/ARMED ROBBERS
- On 08/06/2020 at about 18:30hrs, based on credible intelligence, the Command succeeded in arresting two notorious bandits, cattle rustlers and members of kidnap for ransom syndicate terrorizing Yantumaki district of Danmusa LGA of Katsina state.
Nemesis caught up with the duo of Rabi’u Sani, ‘m’, aged 23yrs and Sani Musa, ‘m’, aged 20yrs of Katsira village, Danmusa LGA of Katsina state when they were accosted along Mara road, Danmusa LGA of Katsina state. In the course of investigation suspects confessed to belong to notorious syndicate of bandits terrorizing Katsina state.
Also a video footage was recovered from one of the suspect’s phone displaying the suspects wielding AK 47 rifles in military camouflage uniforms.
- On 08/06/2020 at about 22:30hrs, based on credible intelligence, Area Commander Dutsinma, accosted one Murtala Abubakar, ‘m’, aged 20yrs of Danmarke village, in the bush in Safana LGA of Katsina state in possession of eighteen rustled cows.
In the course of investigation suspect confessed to be a member of notorious syndicate of bandits terrorizing Katsina state and has participated in several attacks on villages in the state.
- On 23/04/2020 the Command succeeded in busting a notorious syndicate of bandits and kidnappers terrorizing Faskari LGA of Katsina state. Nemesis caught up with one Safiyanu Ahmed, ‘m’, aged 2oyrs of Unguwar Yaro, Faskari LGA of Katsina state who conspired with the duo of one Kabiru Yusuf, alias Bafulace, aged 30yrs of Unguwar Sani, Fasakari LGA of Katsina state and one Shamsu Bala, m, aged 20yrs of Yarzaiga village, Zamfara state with others at large and Kidnapped one Sa’adatu Ahmed, ‘f’, aged 7yrs and Yahuza Ahmed, ‘f’, aged 7yrs and demanded the payment of ransom of three million naira (N3, 000,000:00K).
Similarly, the same syndicate was responsible for the kidnap of one Abdulmuminu Adamu, “m”, aged 40yrs of the same address and collected ransom of one million five hundred naira before they released all the three kidnapped victims.
Suspect Safiyanu Ahmed confessed to have received ninety thousand (N90,000:00K) while Shamsu Bala received the sum of fifty thousand naira as their own share of the loot.
- On 26/05/2020 at about 22:00hrs, a joint patrol of Police and vigilante group while on routine patrol in Faskari LGA of Katsina state accosted one Tukur Abdu, ‘m’, aged 32yrs and Muhammed Usman, ‘m’, aged 20yrs of Fafawa village, Gombe state, members of notorious syndicate of bandits led by one Adamu Alero. In the course of investigation suspects confessed to belong to the Camp of a notorious bandit, one Adamu Alero and were responsible for several attacks on villages killing many innocent villagers at Faskari and Sabuwa LGAs of katsina state.
Also a video footage of the suspects wielding AK 47 rifles was recovered in their GSM phones as Exhibit. Investigation is ongoing.
- On 02/06/2020 at about 19:00hrs, based on a tip off, the Command succeeded in arresting one Ashiru Suleiman, a.k.a “Barnar Iska” of Kayalwa, Tsauri LGA of Kurfi LGA of Katsina state, a notorious bandit and a member of kidnap for ransom syndicate. Suspect was arrested in a hideout at Tsanni village, Batagarawa LGA of Katsina state.
In the course of investigation suspect confessed to have participated in several banditry attacks in the state and mentioned the following persons as his accomplices 1. Sani Mai Labbo, m, Illela village, Safana LGA of katsina state. 2. Umaru Mubai, m, of Kayelwa village, Kurfi LGA of Katsina state. 3. Hamisu Wanzan, m, of Shama village, Zamfara 4. Sani Nagge, m, of Shama village, Zamfara State and 5. Suleiman Manu, m, of Shama village, Zamfara State (now at large).
- On 13/05/2020 at about 01:00hrs, bandits numbering ten on motorcycles, armed with AK 47 rifles, stormed the house of one Alhaji Kabir Maiwada Daudawa, a onetime PDP chairman, Katsina state and kidnapped his three daughters to unknown destination.
One Mallam Abdullahi Saleh, an assistant Chief Imam in the village and a close acquaintance of the victims’ family, alleged publicly that he knows the masterminds of the crime and mentioned one Dr. Mujitaba Kabir Maiwada, ‘m’, aged 45yrs, a biological son of Alh. Kabir Maiwada Daudawa, as an accomplice in the commission of the offence.
After a meticulous and painstaking investigation, a text message purported to have been written and sent by the kidnappers was discovered to have been written and sent to the phone of the said Mallam Abdullahi Saleh.
Suspects confessed to the commission of the offence. Investigation is ongoing.
- On 08/06/2020 at about 08:00hrs, the Command succeeded and arrested one Mustapha Abdullahi, alias “Police”, ‘m’, aged 28yrs of Yankara village, Faskari LGA of Katsina state and Sagir Hamidu, m, aged 30yrs of Unguwar Dantasshi, Faskari LGA of Katsina state, notorious members of armed robbery syndicate terrorizing Faskari LGA of Katsina state.
Luck ran out of the suspects when they attacked the houses of one Mikailu Salisu and Murja Habibu at Yankara village and robbed them of their belongings valued over N150,000. In the course of the commission of the offence, the hoodlums also beat and seriously injured one Lawal Alh. Yusuf, m, of the same address.
In the course of investigation suspects confessed to the commission of the offence.
- On 28/05/2020 at about 16:00hrs, based on a tip off, the Command succeeded in arresting one Ayuba Umar, a.k.a “Mai-Unguwa”, aged 40yrs of Garin Labo village, Batsari LGA of Katsina state, a notorious bandit and errand boy of a notorious camp of bandits led by one Dogo Bello.
In the course of investigation one carton of Can Gulder alcoholic drinks was recovered in his possession while on his way to Rugu forest. Suspect confessed that he was taking the drinks to Dogo Bello’s camp in the forest. Investigation is ongoing.
- On 04/06/2020 at about 01:00hrs, based on a tip off, the Command arrested one Usman Sani, ‘m’, alias “Alti”, aged 21yrs of Fanteka village, Kankara LGA of Katsina state, a notorious member of bandits terrorizing villages in Batsari and Safana LGAs of the state. In the course of investigation suspect confessed to belong to the camp of a notorious bandit, one Kachalla Mainurdi in Range ten (10) forest, Kankara. Investigaition is ongoing.
On 22/05/2020 at about 02:08hrs, the Command succeeded in busting and arresting a notorious syndicate of armed robbers terrorizing Katsina metropolitan area. The hoodlums numbering eight, armed with locally made weapons attacked the residence of one Gambo Umar, ‘m’, of Rahamawa Quarters, Katsina and robbed him up of the sum of seventy-seven thousand and seven hundred naira, (N77,700:00K) and one Techno handset.
In the course of investigation the following suspects were arrested. They are: 1. Muntari Dalha, m, aged 25yrs 2. Ibrahim Hamisu, ‘m’, aged 18yrs, 3. Aliyu Yakubu, ‘m’, aged 19yrs, 4. Mustapha Shuaibu, ‘m’, aged 20yrs all of Rahamawa Quarters, Katsina. Suspect confessed to the commission of the offence. Investigation is ongoing.
- On 23/05/2020 at about 02:30hrs, the Command succeeded in arresting members of notorious syndicate that attacked and vandalized industrial equipment at Dana Steel Rolling Mills, Katsina. The hoodlums suffered a defeat when they had a fierce encounter with policemen guarding the company.
One of the armed robbers was killed while three other suspects arrested, they are: 1. Abubakar Tasi’u, m, aged 21yrs 2. Abdulshukur Kabir, ‘m’, aged 19yrs and 3. Aminu Yusuf, m, aged 19yrs all of Sabuwar Unguwa Quarters, Katsina. The dead armed robber was later identified as one Muhammed Muntari, m, aged 20yrs of Sabuwar Unguwa Quarters, Katsina. In the course of investigation Suspects confessed to the commission of the crime while one armoured cable wire, pinches, two hacksaws and a digger were recovered in their possession during search. Investigation is ongoing.
13.:On 24th May, 2020. The Command succeeded in arresting one Adamu Salisu ‘M’ 43yrs of Sabuwar unguwa quarters Katsina, who conspired with one Salisu Isah ‘M’ 38yrs of Dutsinma township and went to Government Day Secondary Wurma, Kurfi L.G.A. and vandalized electrical Transformer then stole away some accessories of the transformer.
During the cause of investigation the suspect confessed commission of the crime and mentioned one Haruna Idris of ‘Yan-rodi market Kofar-ruwa Kano as their receiver, who bought the items at the rate of sixty two thousand Naira four hundred ( N62,400). Case under investigation.
- On 23/5/2020 at about 1130hrs the Command arrested two Armed robbery suspects one shafi’u Moh’d, ‘m’, aged 30yrs (2) Moh’d Sani, m, aged 28yrs all of Faskari town, Faskari L.G.A of Katsina state. The hoodlums conspired and deceived one Shukura Mamman, ‘M’, aged 25yrs of Layin Tasha, Faskari LGA of Katsina state, to convey them from faskari town to Yankara village, Faskari L.G.A. of Katsina state.
While on transit, the hoodlums attacked and stabbed him with a knife on his neck and stomach, killing him instantly and made away with his Bajaj motor cycle, red in colour, unregistered, valued two hundred and forty thousand naira (N240,000:00k).
In the course of investigation suspects confessed to the commission of the offence and stated that they sold the stolen motorcycle to one Hassan Abdullahi, ‘M’, aged 35yrs, of Sabon Garin Zaria, Kaduna State (now at large).
- On 26th May, 2020 the command succeeded and smashed a notorious syndicate of armed robbers that specializes in attacking motorcyclists and robbed them of their belongings. Luck ran out of the hoodlums when they deceived a commercial motorcyclist, one Dahiru Hamisu, ‘m’ of Magamar Ajiwa village, Rimi LGA of Katsina state and asked him to convey them from Luna castle hotel Katsina to Barhim housing estate along Mani road, Katsina. On reaching to an obscured location inside Barhim quarters, the suspects attacked the cyclist with machetes and robbed him of the sum of N35,000:00K. Those arrested are (1) Umar Ibrahim, ‘M’, aged 27yrs (2) Ikira Lawal, ‘M’, aged 20yrs (3) Buhari Suleman, ‘M’, aged 20yrs (now at large), all of Katsina township. Investigation is ongoing.
- BEING INPOSSESSION OF DRIED LEAVES SUSPECTED TO BE INDIAN HEMP AND DANGEROUS DRUGS :- On 24/5/2020 and 2/06/2020 the DPO GRA, Katsina carried out raids at various black spots in his jurisdiction and succeeded in arresting the following suspected Indian Hemp drug peddlers 1. Umar Ibrahim, ‘m’, aged 27yrs of Barhim quarters, Katsina 2. Shuaibu Badamasi, ‘m’ aged 25yrs of Shinkafi village, Katsina. 3. Tijjani Abdullahi, and (4) Sani Abdullahi, ‘m,’ aged 30yrs of Shinkafi village, Katsina.
Exhibits recovered the suspects include 1. Seven hundred and twenty pieces (720) of D5 Valium Tablets. 2. One hundered and eighty-five (185) pieces of Exol tablets. 3. Twenty wraps of Indian Hemp and 4.
The total sum of thirteen thousand, five hundred and twenty five naira (N13,525:00K) was recovered in their possession as exhibit during police search. Investigation is ongoing.
- On 26/05/2020 at about 11:20hrs, the Command succeeded in arresting one Babangida Abdu Mandi, ‘m’, aged 20yrs of Doma village, Faskari LGA of Katsina state who was seen at Makera, Funtua LGA of Katsina state, suspiciously with a machete wound on his head.
In the course of investigation suspect confessed to have attacked the residence of one Shehu Yahaya, ‘m’, of Doma village, Faskari on 24/05/2020 and robbed him of Gsm Phone, money and other valuables after inflicting injury on the victim.
The victim was traced and confirmed the occurrence of the incident. Additionally, the knife that was used in the commission of the offence was also recovered and registered as exhibit. Investigation is ongoing.” He concluded.